Sunday, September 23, 2007

Tired of TV

So, since little Samantha was born I haven't been out of the house much. James is completely stir CRAZY as he is used to walking (actually he rides, I walk), and playing with his friend Moriah almost everyday. Well, ofcourse since "baby sisser" (as James call her) is still under 6 weeks it's not really possible to get out and do all we used to. Not to mention that the hardest part of having 2 is actually getting out of the house!

Well, since we've been in the house like constantly we've had on the TV a lot...I should say I've had on the TV a lot. And I hate it! However, my son is really great at playing by himself (not that I'm complaining about that), but, just like his daddy, he likes noise. And when the TV is on, he's not watching but listening. Meanwhile I'm watching...which, by the way, I have fallen in love with the backyardigans. They sing and dance and they're just too cute. I guess the root of the problem is longing for adult contact/conversation. I'm involved with mommy groups, but as I said before I'm kinda stuck since little one is under 6 weeks still.

My point is...does anyone have any good reading or activity suggestions so I can stop watching the tube?!?!

No comments: