Monday, October 22, 2007
"I Baby," James says while playing in his sister's carrier.
We were getting ready to go back to church, and this is how James helped Sam get ready. It was so cute to see him place her bow on her sweet little head!
We talked with Gi-Gi and Grandpa this past Sunday, and James got upset when we had to hang-up the phone. To make saying "good-bye" easier I promised him some ice cream. Then I found out we didn't have ice cream so I had to substitute a cookie. The following pic is to prove to my parents that I do occasionally give James a treat!
Sam and I in our "Sunday Dress"...we matched!
In her blue-jean jumper...notice her "sock shoes", they're socks that look like shoes. They're too cute!
Friday, October 19, 2007
1. Spaghetti ~ Mainly because it's so easy to make! Andy likes his with lots of noodles, and I like mine with lots of sauce...what can I say? Even in spaghetti we complete each other!
2. Baked Chicken ~ There are so many ways to bake chicken. Also, I enjoy preparing it, putting it in the fridge, and then baking when I'm ready!
3. Chicken Tacos ~ SO easy! Just put chicken into the crock pot with salsa(I use one package of chicken breasts and a small jar of pace picante); cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low (this is according to my pot...yours may differ); remove chicken and shred; place back in pot and add a small container of sour cream; heat for an additional 30 min- 1 hour; serve with soft shells, cheese, lettuce, etc. and ENJOY! Our family loves this!
4. Pot roast ~ although I'm still perfecting mine
5. Chicken, rice, and broccoli 15 minute skillet ~ The name says it all...a full meal in 15 minutes!! Woo-Hoo!
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Friday, October 12, 2007
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
So, here I am hands free!! I was even able to do the dishes while holding my sweet baby (and I mean dishes by hand), and she even fell asleep by the time I was finished!
Thanks for the blog, girls, and thanks for the sling instructions, Leah! Ya'll are awesome!
Monday, October 8, 2007
Monday, October 1, 2007
He had actually gotten out of bed, got his truck out of his toy box, and fell asleep cuddled up with it. I couldn't resist the "Kodak moment".
And yes, his ear is very red because a mosquito attacked my sweet baby's ear...trust me, he met his maker!
James had figured out how to climb into the basket (which is almost taller than he is), and was sitting on top of the bathroom rug that was supposed to be drying! Upon seeing him I said, "Andy, are you watching your son?"
Me: "Do you know what he's doing?"
Andy: "I know he's around the corner where I can't see him and he's been quiet"
Me: "In the future when he's quiet, that probably means he's doing something he shouldn't and he needs to be checked on"
That's our little boy! Always keeping us on our toes!! Here are some more pictures of him at snack time with his favorite snack, cheerios and milk.
Showing me where the cheerios go.
Trying to show me the cheerio in his mouth
How can you not love this face?